Sacramento bike crash involving elderly cyclist – AutoAccident.com
Accident on Watt Avenue involves a van and a cyclist
A bicycle accident occurred in Sacramento on April 19 when the cyclist was injured in a collision with a Ford F-150 pickup. The crash happened in the Arden-Arcade area along northbound Watt Avenue just south of Northrop Avenue around 10:00 a.m. California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the elderly cyclist was found on the ground and Sacramento Fire Department first responders were called to the scene of the crash to assess injuries.
Cyclist suffers minor injuries in biking accident
Fortunately, the cyclist was determined to have suffered minor injuries in the accident. It was not reported whether the runner had been taken to hospital for further evaluation. The bicycle injury collision is being investigated by authorities to determine fault.
Dangers of a bicycle accident
Even a minor bicycle accident with a motor vehicle can cause serious injury to the rider. Older cyclists are at a much higher risk of death than younger riders as well as more serious injuries. Because older cyclists are not as resilient and have less muscle and bone mass, fractures can occur that would not occur in younger cyclists. The types of injuries that can occur are:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Although cyclists under the age of 18 are required to wear a helmet, which protects them from head and brain injuries, adults are not. Opting to wear a bicycle helmet is an easy way to protect yourself from a traumatic injury that could lead to hospitalization or even death.
- Bone fractures: Bone fractures are common in bicycle accidents among cyclists of all ages. However, older cyclists are more susceptible to this type of injury because bones become more fragile with age. More serious fractures such as bowl may require surgery and a long recovery period.
- Bruises, rashes and lacerations: Since a cyclist is often thrown or falls in a bicycling accident with a motor vehicle, these types of injuries can occur. If the skin is broken it is important to see a doctor or go to the emergency room as there is always a risk of material being embedded in the wound and infection.
- facial trauma: Being ejected from your bike or colliding face down with a vehicle can result in severe trauma, especially to the teeth. If you haven’t been to a dentist lately, you’ll be shocked at how much it will cost to fix. This is one of the reasons why it’s important to have a personal injury lawyer on your side to get fair compensation for your trauma.
- Back and spine injuries: Bulging or herniated discs, as well as cracked vertebrae, can occur as a result of a bicycle accident. These types of injuries are often long lasting and require extensive treatment. In some cases, they can interfere with the injured person’s quality of life and ability to work.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Accidental injuries can cause medical fees, lack of unpaid work and pain and suffering. A personal injury attorney can help you by gathering the necessary evidence to support your accident claim, putting together records that show your losses, and building a strong case. The attorney can also negotiate on your behalf with the offending party’s insurance company or go to civil court if necessary. This allows the injured party to recover from their injuries, knowing that they will not face financial hardship either. Because personal injury lawyers work on an emergency basis, you owe nothing until your case is won.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smitha sacramento personal injury attorney. When you have been injured because someone else has been negligent, we can offer you free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim to recover your medical expenses and other losses. Please feel free to call us at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a in line message. We would be happy to arrange a free consultation for you virtually or in person to discuss your case, educate you on compensation recovery options and answer any questions you may have.
Our membership in the following organizations is an honor:
Here are some links where you can read how our damage lawyers have helped others:
:cd lo