Sacramento Bicycle Hit-and-Run Injures Rider – AutoAccident.com
Cyclist hit by motorist at Cottage Way intersection
A suspected hit-and-run with injuries occurred on June 23 involving a cyclist and a motor vehicle in Sacramento. The collision occurred in the Arden Arcade at the intersection of Cottage Way and Wright Street at approximately 8:40 p.m. The report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the person reporting said the vehicle had been damaged. They stopped there but did not feel safe there and left to report the incident. An investigation is underway by the CHP into what happened.
Accidents involving a bicycle and their main causes
A bicycle accident can be the result of a cyclist’s mistake, but car and truck drivers are also to blame. Every year, many motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver negligence, and many of these accidents are hit and run. Examples include the following:
- A driver ignores the priority of the cyclist when he gets too close to the cyclist, causing a serious accident. California law requires motorists to maintain three feet between them and the cyclists.
- When turning right, the driver does not look for the motorcyclist in the cycle lane and cuts him off.
- A person riding a bicycle on the street is hit by a car or stops right in front of it, and the cyclist is ejected from their bicycle.
- Just as a cyclist is crossing at an intersection, a motorist runs a red light. Accidents involving cyclists are common due to this driver error.
- Cyclists cycle down a street when a driver opens his car door without first looking at oncoming cyclists. Known as gatethese accidents can cause serious injuries to cyclists.
Identifying Hit-and-Run Drivers
Despite the fact that it is more common today to be involved in an accident when a the driver flees, many of them are still able to be found. A number of these getaway drivers have been tracked down by our law firm and their negligent behavior has been held accountable. A person injured in an accident can claim compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages by locating the driver. We use the following methods to locate the driver of the fleeing vehicle:
- During the investigation, investigators review business and traffic film footage cameras.
- In addition to taking a description of the car, driver, and license plate number, witnesses are interviewed to determine if anyone took video of the crash.
- An investigator reviews the police report for errors and discovers the information they gathered on the getaway driver.
- The process of reconstruction of an accident includes taking photos of the scene as well as finding paint and metal parts of the vehicle that can be matched to identify it.
If the Hit and Run driver is not found, what happens?
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage can be used when the careless motorist cannot be found. Anyone in California who purchases auto insurance has the option of purchasing this add-on. In addition to automobile collisions, this option also covers injuries sustained by cyclists and pedestrians. A household member’s policy may cover the cost if the injured party does not have insurance. The prices remain unchanged.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
My name is Ed Smithand i am a Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento. We offer free, friendly advice when you call (916) 921-6400, or contact us at (800) 404-5400 or send us a message online. We would be happy to arrange a free virtual or in-person consultation where we can review your case, answer your questions, and let you know how you can get compensation for your accidental injuries.
We belong to the Top 1% as good as Million Dollar Defenders.
Our damage lawyers have helped many people, as you can see on the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by Pexels from Pixabay
:cd lo