The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed a national receiver Samuel Emile.
Emile (6’1-200) joins the Roughriders after attending rookie mini-camp with the Arizona Cardinals. He was selected by the Roughriders in the first round, seventh overall, of the 2022 CFL Draft.
Collegially, he spent his senior season at Louisiana Tech University, playing eight games for the Bulldogs. The Montreal native recorded 17 receptions for 257 yards and three touchdowns. He also contributed on special teams, returning three kickoffs for 66 yards. Prior to that, Emilius spent three collegiate seasons (2018-20) at the University of Massachusetts, playing 22 games as a receiver and returner. During his career as a Minuteman, he had 59 receptions for 653 yards and seven touchdowns and returned six kicks for 114 yards while adding four punt returns for 57 yards. In 2020, he was named to the Phil Steele All-Independent First Team as a punt returner.
PREVIOUSLY SIGNED FROM PROJECT CLASS OF 2022
- National Offensive Lineman Zack Fry(2n/a round 16and globally)
- National Offensive Lineman Diego Alatorre Montoya (3rd round, 27and globally)
- National linebacker Tommy Bringi (4and round, 36and globally)
- National defensive back Tristan Fleury (5and round, 45and globally)
- National defensive back Jayden Dalke(6and round, 54and globally)
- National defensive back Zach Herzog (7and round, 63rd globally)
- National Wide Receiver Riley Boersma(8and round, 72n/a globally)
With Emile signed, the Riders now have their entire 2022 draft class under contract. More details on previous signings can be found here and here.