Bike accident at Natomas injures cyclist — AutoAccident.com
Accidental bicycle injury reported on Bayou Way
A bicycle accident involving a motor vehicle was reported in Natomas on September 9 and resulted in injuries. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) responded to the crash call at approximately 6:44 a.m. along Bayou Way, just west of Power Line Road. Natomas Fire Protection District first responders responded to the call and transported the injured cyclist to a nearby hospital.
Authorities are investigating the cause of a bicycle accident
No information was provided about the motor vehicle that struck the motorcyclist. The CHP is conducting an investigation to determine responsibility for the bicycle accident and how it occurred.
Careless drivers and bicycle collisions
Cyclists are more likely to be hit by careless drivers due to their less visible nature. The probability you should look for compensation for a serious injury can be high if you need a long recovery period. Driver negligence is the cause of these accidents for a variety of reasons, including:
- Distracted driving: Bicycle accidents are often caused by driver distraction. A distracted driver can seriously injure a cyclist if they text, talk on the phone, or do anything else that distracts their attention.
- Speed: Accelerating drivers may need to slow down a longer distance in an emergency, increasing the likelihood of hitting a cyclist. The possibility of serious injury and even death is higher in pedestrian and bicycle crashes caused by speeding.
- Running a red light: At intersections, cyclists are often victims of accidents when drivers pass a stop sign or a red light without stopping.
- Impaired driving: Drinking or using drugs while driving can lead to impaired distance judgment, difficulty in tracking eyes, or slowed reflexes. Bicycle accidents are often caused by impaired drivers.
- Right turns in the bike lane: Many motorists make unsafe right turns in the bike lane. Cyclists are vulnerable to injury if drivers turn without first checking that the bike lane is empty.
- Pedestrian Crossings: It is always important for drivers to be careful when crossing pedestrian crossings, even if their lights are green. Cyclists should be careful when crossing crosswalks with their bikes.
After a bicycle accident, a lawyer can help you
A bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver may give you reasons to file a claim for damages. This type of case has been handled by us on several occasions. You can contact us if you have any questions following a bicycle accident, and we can help you assess your case and discuss your compensation options.
Investigations of accidents involving bicycles
When an investigation is conducted, evidence may be uncovered that could help prove the customer’s claim for financial compensation. Our investigators immediately go to the scene of the bicycle accident to speak to witnesses and ensure the accuracy of the police report. They also collect other evidence, such as traffic camera footageand signs that the three-foot distancing rule has been violated.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Natomas
I am Ed Smitha Personal Injury Lawyer at Natomas. Bicycle injuries in a collision with a motor vehicle can be serious and result in hospitalization and high medical costs, as well as the inability to work. If this has happened to you, call us for free, friendly advice from our accident lawyers if you would like information on filing a claim. We can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also send us a message on line.
We are honored to belong to the following groups:
Find out below how other people have been helped by our personal injury lawyers:
:cd lo